i2i Biz Development Fellowship Spring 2013
Location: Virtual (Washington, D.C. preferred)
Commitment: Part-time (5-10 hours/week) for four months/semester.
Compensation: Yes! i2i offers a modest stipend for this position.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013
Are you excited about i2i’s work in Pakistan? Are you a graduate or MBA student or really passionate about social enterprise/SME development/finance and want to work with a cool, innovative start-up? Come work with us!
A testimony from outgoing MBA fellow Cameron Miller: “As an i2i MBA Fellow, I was afforded the opportunity to work directly with social entrepreneurs in Pakistan. Fellows become integral to i2i as well as the enterprises it assists. Each day offers different challenges and the program provides an unlimited array of learning opportunities. If you want your work to directly impact burgeoning enterprises and learn, i2i is the perfect place.”
Fellowship description: Invest2Innovate (i2i) seeks a driven and passionate candidate with knowledge and experience in finance, accounting and/or fundraising. The i2i Fellow should show a strong commitment to fostering entrepreneurship, and must be able to take initiative to further i2i’s mission. Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing a system to keep i2i’s financial records in order (Experience with QuickBooks preferred);
- Monitoring and development of i2i internal processes;
- Working with the i2i U.S. & Pakistan teams to develop the organization’s i2i Angel investor network’s presence in the Diaspora and Pakistan;
- Working with i2i’s CEO on i2i’s consulting and expansion strategy in new markets;
- Identifying potential investors and supporting grant proposals;
- Contributing to the due diligence and vetting process of enterprise applicants;
- Supporting i2i social enterprises in Pakistan.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess:
- Minimum 1-3 years previous professional experience in Business, Finance, International Development or a related field;
- Current MBA or Masters student specializing in Finance, Accounting or Strategy;
- Some previous background/experience in business development;
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work and deliver projects independently, remotely, proactively and under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to manage relationships with entrepreneur & investor clients as well as external partners;
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm for Invest2Innovate’s mission;
- Previous background in the social entrepreneurship and/or development is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
The MBA Fellow will be expected to commit 5-10 hours a week for four months. Please submit a cover letter detailing your expression of interest and resume to Invest2Innovate’s team at email@example.com by March 8, 2013.