Pakistani startups raised:
$19.39M in 2021 Q1 (15 Deals)
$81.73M in 2021 Q2 (18 Deals)
= $101.12M raised in total in 2021 YTD (33 Deals)
Here are our key takeaways:
– Q2 recorded 322% increase in amount in comparison with Q1
– The 2021 (YTD) amount ($101.12M) is a 536% increase on the $15.90M that was raised in 2020 (Q1+Q2) & a 53% increase on the total amount raised in 2020 (i.e. $66M). This is phenomenal considering that we are only at the beginning of Q3 and deals typically pick up in Q3 & Q4.
– 2020 (Q3 & Q4) had accounted for roughly $50M in investment. If Q3 & Q4 (2021) did as well as that (and foreseeably much better), the projected total amount of investment for 2021 will reach at least $151.13M – the highest in the history of startup investments in Pakistan.
– Top funded sectors in terms of total amount raised till date include e-commerce = $84M (44 deals), fintech = $48.62M (26 deals), transportation/mobility = $44.53M (12 deals), and health = $19.07M (24 deals)
– E-commerce accounted for the highest average ticket size ($6.6M), followed by health-tech ($4.8M), and Fintech ($3.5M) in 2021 (YTD).
– The seed-stage deal count has been on the rise since 2017 (13 deals) with 2021 set out to record the highest number of seed-stage investments in Pakistan till date as it has already reached 23 deals in Q2 (Total Seed Stage Deals in 2020 = 23).
– There has been a significant increase in the average ticket size for pre-seed, seed, pre-series A, and series A deals since 2017.
There is more where this data came from! Head over to our Startup Deal Flow Tracker on our website to see details of each of these deals and more: Access Deal Flow Tracker – Invest2Innovate